Internship, Syracuse University Library Learning Commons
Taught and co-taught information literacy to undergraduate students.
- collaborated with professors and librarians to design learner-centered instruction
- planned, taught, and assessed undergraduate information literacy classes in multiple subject fields in accordance with ACRL information literacy standards and an active learning instructional approach
- provided virtual and and in-person reference services in Syracuse University’s main library
- designed instructional resources including Lib Guides, video tutorials, and worksheets
- organized Intern Experience Discussion Panel for Syracuse University library student interns, April 2013.
Instructor: Evernote for Library Professionals Workshop
Organizing and presenting a professional development workshop for Western New York Library Resources Council (WNYLRC), May 16, 2013.
Instructor: Evernote As a Personal Productivity Tool Workshops
Organized and presented two professional development workshops for Central New York Library Resources Council (CLRC), February 21 and March 26, 2013.
Teacher, K–8 General Music
Wissahickon Charter School, Philadelphia, PA
- designed and implemented student-centered general music curriculum for 425 students (K–8) in urban setting in accordance with state and national music literacy standards
- initiated collaborative design of interdisciplinary curricula with and co-taught with teachers in multiple subject areas
- developed community engagement activities and curriculum supporting school’s peace and environmental education mission
Teacher, High School Music
North Rose-Wolcott High School, North Rose, NY
- designed and implemented curricula for choruses, voice lessons, and music history in accordance with state and national music literacy standards
- collaborated with special education teachers and counselors, developing curricular and classroom modifications for students with special needs
- directed and produced annual musical stage production